Snapchat is described as a fun messaging app for sharing moments. You can snap a pic or record a short video and add: a caption, doodle, or even filters! Depending on your settings, friends can view your snaps for up to 10 seconds once or you can add it to your story- meaning it can be viewed by your friends for 24 hours and it disappears forever (unless screenshot via android ;))
Snapchat has been receiving a lot of love. The company hasn’t commented on the size of its fan base, but the fact that it has surpassed the number of daily photo uploads than Facebook is quite a significant feat.
Evan Spiegel, Snapchat’s co-founder, revealed 70 percent of the app’s users are actually women. Who knew there were so many women on snapchat!?
Let’s finally get into the meat of the matter; what do women love about it so much?
- It helps to perk up your day. There is nothing better than getting a funny snap from a friend when you are feeling down.
2. It’s texting on crack! Imagine being able to take a shot of exactly what you’re talking about, and then, add a doodle and/or add a caption?!
3. POOF it’s GONE! Unlike other platforms the longest snapchat stores an image or video for is 24 hours. Because of this you don’t feel as self conscious when you are posting.
4. Did someone say ugly selfie?! It’s so much fun to send ugly selfies with your friends knowing it won’t come back to haunt you later! Having an ugly selfie competition with your friends is a great way to kill boredom.
5. It shows snippets of your life in motion. Want to show your friends that concert you went to? Now you can! Want to make them see the sights in another country? You can do that too! Snapchat is so quick and easy that you can post or send so many snaps in very little time. Unlike other apps it’s effortless and doesn’t require time deliberating what the best caption would be because the next day you will rewind to zero anyway.
6. We decided to throw you a freebie – cuz well, we love you guys – so why not?! With the new snapchat update you can ‘tun up’ your selfies to a different level. It’s hard to resist not having hearts in your eyes when you see that burger you’ve been craving- it’s only appropriate for this feature to be added. We are glad Snapchat has incorporated more ways to get insane selfies, in the mix!