Mona School of Business and Management has positioned itself as the top graduate business school within the Caribbean. On approaching their annual application period for their Master of Science programmes they launched a campaign using all forms of advertising media (television, radio and print) to effectively get their message across. It’s Pixel Perfect was given the task of using Social Media to compliment the ads. The task was to create awareness of the graduate programmes, it’s application period and encourage individuals to apply.
To assess if maximum social media results were achieved by It’s Pixel Perfect for Mona School of Business and Management from December 2013 – January 2014 across three social media platforms and one online marketing technique.
- Increase MSBM Facebook page likes by 1000
- Increase MSBM Twitter followers
- Increase MSBM LinkedIn connections
- Maximize Google search engine optimization
This was a two months campaign for December 2013 – January 2014. For the first month, Facebook was the only social media platform used. Twitter and LinkedIn were incorporated in January. The online marketing technique of Google Ads was used over the two months. This campaign was planned, executed and managed by one representative of the IPP team for the period.
This campaign will increase MSBM’s followers on social media and also encourage new applicants to apply to their graduate programmes. This noted reliability would result in providing updates that centered around the nature of the institution.
Though IPP was initially hired to manage Facebook, we thought it necessary to include MSBM’s twitter account and LinkedIn account to have maximum social media reach with their desired audience to achieve the targets..
- A posting plan was created to have daily posts for each platform.
- Promote the courses offered.
- Advertise the application deadline on all platforms.
- Google ads.
- Paid advertisements on the MSBM Facebook page.
- Followers/ Likes increased by 2, 172.
- Before the campaign they had 4,819 likes and ended the campaign with 6,991 likes.
- Followers increased by 23 persons.
- Before the campaign they had 95 followers and ended the campaign with 118.
- Connections increased by 1,094.
- Before the campaign they had 329 and ended the campaign with 1,423 connections.
- Compared to it’s competitors, MSBM’s ads remained in the top position for the period. It kept an average of 1.0 on Google’s display network. The number of clicks and impressions kept a steady growth between December 23-31. This showed incremental reach for the time period.
- The clicks have also been steady and showed growth between January 11-31. This period showed higher clicks and higher impressions.
- Request that the client provides IPP with a list of courses and proper terminologies to be used.
- The content that is posted is heavily dependent on the brand and the way the client wants to be perceived.
- A LinkedIn personal and business account cannot be merged.