1. A case of neglect?
The family of an elderly woman was in shock and disgust after they discovered maggots in her mouth while visiting her in the Port Antonio hospital.
2. Google’s Social Network Guru Resigns
Google Plus’ creator, Vic Gundotra, resigns after eight years. No word as yet as to what his next move will be.
3. Make way for Development or Save the environment?
While the government lobby’s for the development of the port and the logistics hub as a way to gain revenue, some Jamaican’s seem to think otherwise. See what this Yahoo article said about the “sell out”
4. JLP fuming over the new taxes
The opposition is adamant that they will resist the newly implemented transaction tax.
5. Ear-tagging cattle
Minister of Agriculture, Roger Clarke, announced in his contribution to the budget debate that tagging will be the method of choice to combat praedial larceny.
6. Still the Sprint Factory
Jamaica racked up 88 medals at Carifta Games: 42 Gold, 34 Silver and 12 Bronze.
7. Penn Relays
Claudette Allen of Edwin Allen took gold in the long jump at the Penn Relays after landing this jump of 6.21m.
The US dollar has once again risen a few cents to $110.07.
9. School trips banned
After a ferry overturned in South Korea, the government has banned all school trips until at least June.
10. More “fiyah”
Riverton fire lights up once again causing smoke to consume the Mandela Highway.
Event of the week: Pandemonium
- Pandemonium was held last Thursday, April 24. Even though the event was held on a weekday it was definitely well supported.
Picture of the week: Mr.Killa
- Mr.Killa took Pandemonium by storm! “Ah want a fat gyal, ah want a rolly polly!”
Video of the week
- Rihanna sings a 90’s Nadine Sutherland song with her bestie.